Hit the Road in Iceland in Comfort – 65 EUR per rental.
Driving in Iceland is an exciting adventure, but you need to know where you’re going, how you’re going to get there, and what to do every step of the way. Our Driver Guide will help you focus on the experience, not the details. With our personalized day-to-day itinerary loaded to go with directions, driving conditions, weather forecast, and more in an easy-to-use tablet, you’ll be ready for anything.
Here’s what you need to go to get started.
- Navigate Iceland the easy way
For every self-drive tour we offer, our tablet based Driver Guide is packed and ready to go. Already connected to the Internet, this tablet is available at your rental car pick-up location. Your personalized itinerary will be locked and loaded, but that doesn’t mean you’re stuck going in a single direction. You’ll be able to shift gears whenever you want, with access to over 3,000 places of interest around the country that you can visit according to your schedule and needs. Using a GPS navigation system, you can stop and go, and then instantly find the way back to your hotel. The tablet will give you all the information you need to adapt your itinerary on the fly, with estimated driving times, distances, and everything you need to stay on track, your way.
- Drive safely and securely
We know that Iceland is a place where the weather changes frequently, and it’s important that you know what’s happening before it happens. Our Driver Guide keeps you up to date with the weather forecast, road conditions, and any emergencies you may face on the road. Because Iceland is so unique, and its roads are so challenging, you’ll need to rely on the Driver Guide whether you’re on your way in summer or winter. Make sure that you tap into weather conditions every morning before you get on your way.
- Stay social every step of the way
Because the Driver Guide is connected through both Wi-Fi and 4G, you’ll remain connected and reachable from any place in Iceland. If you need help, you’ll be able to get in touch with our team from anywhere you drive through our messenger system. If you need guidance, help on the road, or even just want to share your experience with us, we’re here and connected every step of the way.
The Driver Guide includes:
- Navigation GPS that works even if you’re not connected to the Internet
- Pre-loaded, expert-created customised itineraries from which you can choose
- Easy-to-change routes and options for different trips suggested by our team
- Calculations of daily distances and estimated journey times
- Insider information on where to eat, what to explore, and how to get there
- Electronic vouchers that make it easy to get to where you’re going, and which decrease the need for paper tickets
- Up-to-the-minute weather and safety information, including aurora borealis alerts and local news in English
- Gas station information and distances
- Wi-Fi hotspot and 4G connectivity, and messenger service so that you can reach us whenever you need us. Unlimited WIFI and connect as many ad 15 devises at a time.
Frequently Asked Questions
When and where will I get my tablet?
It will be in your car at pick up.
What comes with my Driver Guide?
You’ll receive seven important items:
- The tablet, which comes with contact information on the back
- A guideline booklet to ensure you know how to use the tablet
- A magnetic car mount so that you can easily use the tablet in your rental car
- A cable to connect the tablet to a car charger
- A car charger
- A plug so that you can recharge the tablet in your hotel room
How do I use the tablet?
You can easily connect the tablet to the car charger, and then turn on the tablet by holding in the side button for a few seconds and then mount it on your dashboard. Enter your Driver Guide reference number and the email you used when booking the trip, and the Driver Guide will alert you to all of the features on the tablet. Please note that you may get an app update alert; if this happens, just tap the button and wait a few seconds while it updates.
What does the interface look like?
With your map on the left and your trip info on the right, it’s easy to navigate the tablet features.
- Trips provides you with your chosen tour information
- Nearby shows points of interest
- Search allows you to explore restaurants, gas stations, and attractions
- Messages gets you in touch with our team
- Info displays additional information
- More provides you with settings and Wi-Fi connectivity for your phone
Can I book day tours and activities on the tablet?
No, this feature is not presently available, but do send us a message at any time and we will arrange these for you.
Can I use the tablet to get online?
Our Wi-Fi hotspot allows you to connect and browse from your own device.
Where is my accommodation in the app?
The tablet will guide you to your accommodation and your vouchers at the end of each day.
What do I do at the end of the trip?
Please remember to leave all Driver Guide equipment in the car.